Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 May 2015

Writing Prompts For Writers Block.






Hello Again,
I, like most writers at some point am affected by the dreaded writers block.
The dictionary approved definition of writers block is:

-an inability on the part of a writer to start a new piece of writing or continue an existing one.

I don't know about you, but I personally experience it a lot and often won't write for weeks due to it. But the other day I was scrolling through my pinterest feed and saw a lot of interesting writing prompts that I thought I should share to try
and inspire myself and others.

Prompt -- you die and wake up in a dark room with a man wearing a dark hood and white gloves. he instructs you that he is death and you are to take over as his apprenticeHuman civilisation splinters off into a daytime society and a nightmare society. You live in one society and begin to contemplate if you should be in the other.I did this by accident and it's the best thing I've ever done for my characters - Writing inspiration #nanowrimo #prompt
The remains of the human race live in a glass dome with no entrance or exit, which protects them from the wasteland on the outside. One morning a dusty hand print appears on the outside.writing prompt from reddit
 
Another thing I find helpful for writers block is to have a fall back story, This is a piece of writing which is solely for your own enjoyment, when you cannot continue the writing that you are doing. I feel like this gives you a fresh perspective of your technique and creativity.
Until Next Time.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment